WHEN WE SHARE WITH WHOM IT SUFFERS NEED
- When do we do what is good?
- When we work.
- When we share.
- When do we share?
- When there is a need.
- When there is generosity.
- What is necessity?
- The dictionary of the Spanish language defines:
- Poverty, lack or lack of food or without the necessary.
- As what is necessary for someone, Example: Food is a necessity of living beings.
- The need is the lack of a thing, or shortages, shortage.
- The W.E. dictionary VINE:
- Like the need for something, John the Baptist needed to be baptized by Jesus. Matt. 3:14 Translated in R.V.R. as “I need”. Lit. I need.
- As Christians we need to pray. Luke 18: 1. And make our needs known to God, although he already knows them. Matt. 6: 8
- Jesus declared the need of the doctor for the sick and not for the healthy. Matt. 9:12.
- So the need is anything that we lack as human beings, both physically and healthily,
- WHEN WE WORK AND SHARE.
- Work is necessary, not only to share with the brother who suffers need, but also to help us avoid temptation or incitement to steal.
- God provides the work with four purposes:
- The purpose of offering. I Cor. 16: 1-2.
- Provide for ours. I Tim. 5: 8
- Provide for the needs of the brothers in the faith. Eph. 4:28 4. To avoid the
temptation to theft or fraud. Eph. 4:28
- Beloved brothers God gives us all things. Acts 17:25. It gives us life, breath, and all things.
- Work is a good gift from God. James 1:17. He prospers us in this life and gives us the privilege to give to the saints in need
- Remember what Luke records. Acts 20:35. That we are happy those who give what we receive.
- God thrives us in this present life and through this gives us the opportunity and the privilege and ability to help Prov. 3: 27,28.
- It is sad to observe among the brotherhood those who profess to be children of the highest, when observing or realizing the need of a brother, tell him to come back and tomorrow I will give you. When they have to give Him Let’s not forget that God blesses us with a job and we prosper so that through this prosperity we can help our brothers in need, what
- God does with us, let us also do it with those who have need.
- Among the Christian brotherhood we must be diligent, careful, willing, light in this matter, as individuals. Gál. 2:10 If we have the opportunity to help, if there is a possibility according to our capacity, we should do well to those of the family of faith, above all in a great way especially. I Tim. 6: 17-19. Let us do good, good works that God has prepared for us to walk in them. Eph. 2:10 Let us treasure a good foundation for the future, let us lay hold of eternal life and be generous, generous with our brothers.
- Let us not close our hearts, let us not be insensitive to the needs of the brothers. I John 3:17. Let’s not be mean God works with us to do good things.
- WHEN THERE IS NEED AND GENEROSITY, LIBERALITY
- Our heavenly Father knows our needs. Mat. 6: 8 And he knows how to give good gifts to his children who ask him:
- For this he uses means and people to cover these needs of his children.
- Observe how God helped the saints in the first century, always follow the New Testament model as long as we fear God, we will be reverent faithful and respectful to his will, we will be generous in the face of the need of our brothers.
- A voluntary demonstration of God’s love is personal sacrifice, we must love not only in words but in fact and in truth. I John 3: 16-18. The brothers of the first century had goods of this world and saw the need or knew of the need of their brothers, and they did not close their hearts to them, they showed love to God and to his brothers.
- They stripped themselves of their material goods, property and possessions and met their needs. This is the key word. Acts 2:45; 4: 34-35. These brothers practiced generosity, that is, voluntary liberality, these brothers were selling their property and possessions according to the need of the brothers in need. Acts 4:34. As if there were no needy among them, today When we brothers meet the need of other brothers we imitate this example of the primitive Christians. (Taken from Wayne Partain’s Commentary on Facts).
- The brothers of the first century had all things in common, this common word – In Greek “KOINOS”. Of note. (a) Common pertaining to several said of things possessed in common. Acts 2: 44,32, said of things possessed in common, always and When we have a heart and a soul, we will have all things in common. Acts 4:32. (Taken from Wayne Partain’s Commentary on Facts).
- The Apostle Paul suffered needs in his ministry. Phi. 2:25 But the church at Philippi supplied for Paul’s needs again and again. Phi. 4:16 When this church met these needs of this gospel preacher this was acceptable to God and was a fruit that abounded, to this church in his account. Phi.4: 17-18
- It is sad to see that today there are churches of the Lord in the world that do not wish to please God or increase fruits in their heavenly account. There are churches that look like a burden to be holding a preacher of the gospel, instead of being a blessing, a happiness, and bliss.
- We are living times like the times of Jesus. Just as the religious in the time of Jesus were indifferent to the needy, so there are churches that are indifferent to the needs of some preachers, want to inherit eternal life and do not love the Lord, because they do not keep his commandments, loving their neighbor, as they themselves have not learned the parable of the good Samaritan. Luke 10: 33-37. Brothers we have the example of the Samaritan, let us help the needy and the faithful preachers of the Lord in their needs and let us approach like the Samaritan and be moved to mercy, have pain of heart and take what we have like this man. Let’s do the same with our brothers in the faith, have love for God and learn to serve the needy and we will do the work of the Lord.
- On the day of judgment we will appear before the tribunal of Christ, remember that he searches the mind and the heart. Rv. 2:23 He walks in the middle of the churches. Rv. 2: 1 And he will give us each according to your works.
- Let us share with those who have need. Ef. 4:28
- Remember that God blesses us with our work so that we can share when He finds need. James 1:17.